Red Polka and Blue Peacock

I've got two more cards to showcase before I take a break from making cards the whole of this week as I concentrate on making accessories for another online shop. I recently 'inherited' a bunch of stuffs from a friend whose sister has stopped making handmade accessories. I too had actually stopped for a long time and discover that I am not good at it because my fingers are just too clumsy. But I think that I don't have to think too hard and just go with the flow. It doesn't have to be complicated. It just have to be pretty to look at and make people want to own it. Yeah, that's the right way.

In the next post, I will be teaching you some basic card making skills which will help you when you make your own handmade card. Of course if you don't have the time, you are always welcomed to drop me a message via the order page if you want me to make some custom cards.

So presenting to you my latest card creations...

oh wait, before that, a bit of disclaimer. Today the weather isn't very good (ie raining) so my camera doesn't have that much needed natural light to give the cards a nice photo look. Oh well.

 Back to the story.

These cards are also available for sales for SGD$4.00 if you go to my facebook page, email or comment on this page. You can request for own title such as Happy Birthday, Thank You, Congrats and a free envelope is included as well. Free normal postage is available.

Click for a larger view







These cards have a red theme to them but I added some other colours to balance out the intense red colour. Oh, but it's a coincidence with Chinese New Year..haha.

For the first card, I like the colour coordination of blue and pink against the oh-so-cute small red polka dot background.

Oh by the way, I will be further explaining this card as part of my card tutorial in a later post.

Yes, it's the return of the pearl string and this time I used double sided tape to secure. That's the best I can think of. Oh, and I also added a folded pink ribbon from the American Craft and stapled it down. I covered it with a button to cover the staple though I think it still work fine without the button.

Products used:

October Afternoon Woodland Park Shape Sticker
Lawn Fawn Clear Stamp
Kaiser Craft Decorative Tape Pieces Clear Stamp
Fa la la Patterned Paper
Pink Paislee Patterned Paper
Basic Grey 6 X 6 Paper Pad Aspen Frost
Amy Tangerine Sticker Book

Thanks for dropping by!






Comments