Handmade Cards with A Dash of Glitter & Simplicity

I like the show Chopped, though nowadays I don't watch it as frequently as I did before previously, because it test the versatility and creativity of the cooks in making use of the given secret ingredients in very limited time. The grand prize is $10,000 and at times, they call back past Champions at a shot of $50,000. Everyone says they're good and they can win but not everybody can be winners.

How  is this related to my post? Being crafters, we almost must be versatile and creative with our loot and one of the ways is to constantly learn and also know your products well enough and see what else can you do with these given materials. Meanwhile, I realize that one of the talented crafters I like do not own one of those fancy die cutting machines that help you to cut out shapes based on the templates that you run through the machine. However, her crafts are all so beautiful and I picked up a few tips from here including the creative use of ribbons.

Then yesterday's episode of Chopped, one of the contestants said that it is not about how much ingredients you use but how much love you pour into your work. So it can be simple but full of love and everybody will like it.

So I hope you like my simple yet creative cards too :)

Oh yes, before I begin, some of the things here are also made from the things I've got from a grab bag which is a bunch of new and semi used stash from a fellow crafter which she sold at $15 each. Erm, since I liked her stuffs, I thought I will support her by getting one of the bags and I don't regret it because I love most of the full sized and scrap patterned papers that she gave me.


I used a Dear Lizzy die cut stock pieces and a solid coloured twine. I also cut with a border edge scissors a piece of glitter paper to form as the sky.

Close Up


On this card, I used the 'it all matters' cardboard piece which I got from the grab bag along with the patterned papers. Infact, even the washi tapes at the top left hand corner was from the grab bag. The butterfly die cuts was from another stash given to me when I bought her items. I used a small piece of blue glitter paper at the corner. Okay, next on the 'Things to Buy' agenda, buying the butterfly punch..haha.

Close Up





Okay, I didn't use any glitter paper with this card but again, I used some of the materials from the grab bag. As usual, I struggled with the string of mint coloured pearls. I think it's better I use the swirl adhesives instead if I want to create more complicated designs. But I like the overall look of the happy card.

These cards are available for sale for a limited time only on my facebook page as well on this blog itself. If you want cards like these, or bigger sizes, you can order a custom made one from me as well if you go the order page.

Thanks for dropping by and while you are at my facebook page, please help me to share by word of mouth this humble online shop by likes and shares :)

Comments