Frenzy Making of Altered Notebooks

I had the pleasure of receiving an order for notebooks, though quite last minute, and made me panicky for awhile because I actually don't have existing notebooks at home. Remember, they're custom made to order? So I actually had to come up with the notebooks to alter and they're not a small amount to start with..yikes.

But I can't just turn down an order if there's an alternative and I actually had to run out to get the notebooks, at 11pm-ish no less and sadly, I couldn't get the type of notebooks that I want. At that time, I felt like I want to return to my workplace and retrieve the blank notebooks from under my table..haha. Yes, at that same 11pm-ish time. So I have to make do with what I could find. Mini lecture pads. Erm, fortunately, I was able to present other types of notebooks, in other words the usual spiral notebooks.

But I felt that the mini lecture pads weren't good enough so I *breathe* decide to do another thing. Make notebooks at work.

You see, I have a full time job and I am busy as a bee all the freaking time with paperwork that a) doesn't seem to diminish or b)diminish but miraculously another stack will take its place..mere second later! Plus, I don't think it's a good idea to mix both interests together. But I didn't have any other choice. So, I brought my two bags of notebooks and craft things to make additional notebooks at work. I didn't bring all my stuffs or otherwise, I would have to hail a taxi so I had to be very selective in what I bring.

So I basically had to work my magic. I managed to bring the things that I need except for critical item.

The tape glue. Bam...bam...BAM!!!

Thankfully, my craft glue was my saving grace. Yes, it's messy but it does its job.

And you know what was the best thing? I managed to sell all the notebooks I made at work compared to the lecture pads. Argh..you mean I stayed up late to decorate the mini lecture pads for nothing? haha. Oh well. I believe I could have done better but given the very limited time I have, it's quite difficult.

But part of business acumen is to adapt to the situation. Take heed of that advice, future online shop owners!

So here are my creative works...









To be honest, whenever I had to give away or sell these work of mine, a piece of my heart goes with it. It's like giving away your child whom you've nurtured and given love and attention. I wish I could keep them but ironically, when it comes to me, I like to keep things simple. Believe it or not, I only have one altered notebook and that was because the notebook was in a jarring orange colour and I couldn't stand it..haha.

By the way, the unsold lecture pads are available for sales in my blog and in my facebook page. Do lend me your support by erm..purchasing them? Like I said, I don't like keeping them. If you buy all, you can get them at $2 off the final price. Yay to discounts!

Thanks for dropping by and do lend me your support by telling all those you know about my humble online shop =)



Comments