Making My First Altered Photo Frame

I've actually wanted to do this project for a very long time but I thought that it's such a hassle making a photo frame from scratch because I don't have the luxury of time so I need something quick and easy. The decorating part is already time consuming and I would rather focus my time and energy on it instead. So I came across this cardboard photo frame and that was when I had my a-ha moment. I could alter this!

In fact, I wanted to get a proper photo frame and I do know of a place to get it. I'm sure you've all heard of Daiso and I do read of people who actually buy $2.00 frames from there and  looking at the finished product, I'm like..wow..don't look like a $2.00 frame anymore!

But this photo frame that I got isn't very restrictive in a sense that I am also able to decorate the exterior instead of just interior so you get this 3D thing going on. Well, if you see the picture, you will probably know what I mean because my engrish not very good.

Altered lightweight cardboard photo frame





Perhaps, I could still have a similar kind of layout if I use a regular photo frame but the border will be much smaller. I guess it will be more of an inner layout instead because that's how I see others decorate their photo frame. I'm actually up for experimenting so one day, I will drop by Daiso and get that darn photo frame..haha.

Oh! A little back story on the embellishments I used in the photo frame. I bought this row of ribbon trims for just $2.50 and there was 20 of such ribbon flowers on that same trim which I super like but never really got around to buying them until it was the absolute last 1 yard that the seller had. Yes, even thought it was $2.50 for 20 darn flowers. Some of the stickers are from one of the collections of Simple Stories which I simply adore their collection of fun and colourful stickers. While I'm no Sticker Lady, I sure love my stickers since the tender age of dunno how many donkey years ago.

I also made use of sequins that I found in a bookshop selling a small for just $1.80. That is like my next favourite thing after buttons. Plus, they're so cheap for so much of it I won't die of heart attack from extensive use of it.

While the frame looks good in picture, heh.., I had some trouble with it at first because I didn't quite know how to cover it with patterned paper. At last, I figured it out..well, somehow...and had to use of washi tape to give a nicer even coverage.

By the way, this photo frame is available for custom order and you can even buy it as a package at a special discounted price.

Thanks for dropping by and remember to share this post by clicking any of the links below or let others know of the products offered in this online shop.



Comments