Different Design Techniques for July Cards Part 2

I haven't been updating my blog! So guilty of it..ha..but I have been blessed with orders to a point I have to stay up late almost every weekday night in order to churn out these custom made goodies. Yes, it's tiring but it's worth it. My hope is not to be a millionaire one day but I just want people to appreciate the art of making these artistic looking handmade cards. My style may be different from  others but I believe it's my selling point. At least that is what I chose to believe :P

All this time, I haven't been just making cards but other projects as well. It's not easy, trust me, but I like how my customers challenge me, though indirectly, to explore my creativity side which also involves doing research so that I can be better at the art or find out more about the different techniques.

From my last post, I experimented with water colouring and I have gone a few steps further. I still am not good at colouring and drawing but I guess abstract design is still just as nice. You don't have to perfect in art. Just let the creativity flow..

So these are the July birthday cards along with other card orders that I have made. I admit some of the birthday cards were rushed work, imagine that, because I was so tied down with other projects.

How rushed were they? I started only making them at around 1.30am in the morning and I had to make like 8 of them in the wee hours! I don't like rushed work but this time, I have to! haha..

But no matter what, I still make sure they are done to the best of my ability. That's how I want to project the image of mlcardshop :D

July Birthday Cards

July Birthday cards..plus one recycled card which I have  'up' do

I made these 4 cards in one go! At times I just have to..

upclose..very dreamy feminine looking..me like!

A special birthday card ordered and delivered on the same day

Card with pastel colours. I have been using these small roses for special cards..loving them!

My first shabby chic card and my mum loves this card design
There were more cards but I couldn't post some of them. I can only say that they were different from the usual cards I make (but then again, aren't each one of them..haha) because I had to make filmstrips and print photos to paste on these filmstrips.

Oh! This month, I get to meet for that few seconds, my mlcardshoppers when I met them to give their finished products. I had a few repeat customers too. So glad they came back again :)

Thanks for dropping by! Aah..I missed saying that line :)

Comments