August Birthday Cards

Continuing the theme of using paint, fabric trims and Gesso which is a primer for surfaces such as canvas. I got for half the price from a closed facebook group. I don't use canvas but rather on paper and will start to use it on crepe paper too. I also use Gesso as a white wash or to paint over masks for that subtle texture before painting or misting over it. Oh, the Science of art sometimes give me a headache too..haha.

However, knowledge shouldn't be restricted to the ones you are familiar with. You should explore, learn from others and grow your knowledge, pretty much like life. Plus if you never try, you'll never know. I know for nuts I can't paint but I can still do a decent painting like basically spread paint over paper. Now, any 3 year old can do that too..ha. Plus if you can come up with your cheaper alternatives, like using scrap fabrics, cheap crepe paper from your local bookstores, or diamantes from your old accessories such as earrings or hairclips, they make fantastic embellishments as well. I just saw one blog post and she used a hairclip with a prettty diamante as part of her project. Really useful!

Do check these cards out and perhaps you can learn some new techniques too and use them for your cards. You don't always have to stick to generic card designs. Make the card design truly and uniquely yours.

Click for a larger view. 




Comments