Scrapbooking Haul in August

I did some damage to my wallet this month :( Okay, my first purchase is excusable because I need to get these items for an order. The second one is still...ooookay, because around pay day, which comes early this month due to Hari Raya, I will normally buy online from mapletreehouse. The only think I'm not okay with is that I got a 3rd purchase from that same online shop, which shouldn't have gone through but somehow it did and I end up paying an additional $19 over dollars. Boo..

I could have just rejected it and said oh I didn't click on the confirm purchase button but ooh well..lesson learnt. Luckily, some of the things are discounted already and they are on sales so they're not that pricey. Last month I was trying my best to make do of my existing supplies as much as I can, and for once, I didn't drop by papermarket like three or four times in a month. Infact, I didn't even go in! I only went recently due to an upcoming order where my existing supplies are insufficient.

So! Without further delays, here's my craft haul for August and yes, including the things I didn't mean to purchase, with product explanations.


I missed out buying the blings the last time I was in papermarket (ARGH..how could I?!) and had to suffer a month without using them on projects. Oh, I found the puuuuurfect embellishment for an 8 X 8 mini album. It's the Maggie Holmes chipboard stickers. It's a bit pricey but it's okay because they're quite big and quite a lot and nowadays I see embellishments costing almost $9 or $10 and they're so small. 

And crafting life is not complete without fabric trims. Yes, my other recent obsession because well, they're pretty fabrics! I think they look good on my name board projects and mini albums. My mum joked that people put fabric trims on curtains but I put them on paper. I also got that background stamp. Nice. I got a similar one to that which is a brickwall which I got online via a facebook seller.



I also went to another local scrapbooking store in Parkway Parade. They don't have many stuffs because I heard they're moving but I did manage to get some doilies in smaller versions, which I think will look great on card projects and also for handmade flowers. Oh, I also got a patterned papers with flower motifs that I can cut out and use for projects. Yes, it's the compulsory fabric trims! This one is a bit pricey at $3.30 for a metre but they have these nice little flowers on them which I can cut out and use on projects. It's a bit of a value for money, if you ask me.


I really love Kaiser Craft paper pads because the papers are so pretty and they have special foil papers and die cuts in them too. This is the Sweet Nothing collections. The actual price is $12 plus but I got it at half the price, heh. I always keep my eyes peeled for discounted paper pads. I like them because I make mostly cards and they are good for card projects for their scaled down patterned papers.

My next post, I will feature TWO card projects using this paper pad.



So, here's my loot from mapletreehouse including the items that I didn't mean to get. Haiz. But it's okay, at least these items are useful enough for me, such as the white opal liquid pearl and the wood chip hearts. I saw the same thing at papermarket and luckily I didn't buy them because they cost $7.20 but over here, I got it at just $4.20 because they have the NDP special promotions. I also got the Dear Lizzy stamp set which I didn't get months ago because it was over $10.00 but I got this one at $4.50. Yay!

update: I got another loot from them again even though I didn't do the final confirmation of purchase! Haiz. They got me at the NDP deals. Okay, looks like after the deals over, I am going cold turkey on this online shop. No, really. Oh, and next time I will not continue with the selection of address, shipping option and etc despite not clicking the confirmed purchase button because somehow their system has a glitch. If I'm half hearted to buy, don't even confirm my address.

I'm going to make some handmade paper flowers using...doilies! You saw those small doilies in the picture? Yup, I saw two cards creatively using doilies and I want to try too instead of just cutting them and pasting them like point blank, haha. If you're a crafter and you like dreamy, shabby chic or feminine designs, doilies are like a must, besides white opal liquid pearl and blings.

Thanks for dropping by!


Comments