My First Scrapbook Project

When I first received an order to do a scrapbook, my thoughts were like, oh no...I've never scrapped a 12 X 12 layout before! Let alone, all 10 of them for an album! Really, the only thing I've done mostly for my online shop orders is actually cards and notebook covers. I get orders for other things as well but I am hoping I get more order for these items because I get to use materials that I can't really use for the notebooks and cards. I guess I have to actively promote my facebook page? Ha.

Anyway, I actually got the advice from a colleague who does beautiful layouts and even though I have watched numerous videos and studies numerous pictures on how they design these layouts, it's not because I wish to do the similar layouts as them. Believe it or not, they're mostly for my cards and notebooks. But now when I got the chance, it was nerve wrecking but I went ahead to accept the order because that's how I rock, haha. Plus it may be good to post on  my online shop for more varieties.

Somehow, I managed it. Struggled at first but then I got the hang of it. I won't say it's top notch work because I'm still learning. Still, just like any of my works, I am proud of them because I took effort in doing them. It's not merely a cut and paste thing for me.

The A sides have more embellishments and more decorated than the B sides, which is the back of the A side (obviously..) to ensure it can fit into the plastic protector inside the album. I think I need to master being able to fit into it perfectly. Oh well, there is a first for everything.

A little trivia, I actually took 3 weeks to do the A side and 5 hours to do the B side. 5 hours! All 10 of them! I stayed up late from 2.30 am to 7.30am. I hardly got up from my seat and I just did layout after layout. Talk about being disciplined which is rare for me, actually.

So here's my works! Oh as a guide, the ones standing upright are the A sides while the ones laying flat and in the album are the B sides so you can see the difference.























Honestly, I'm charging way below market price for this whole set of album. I only make a profit of $20.00 but to me, it's alright because I'm inexperienced. I thoroughly enjoy the process if making them. I've never expanded my creativity quite like this before. Hope to get a similar order to this in future.

Thanks for dropping by!

Comments