Craft Haul for October (Part One)

This month, I decided to spend lesser on craft materials and even if I have to (like perhaps Webster's Pages droolworthy collections), it has to be limited. Reason being, I need to be a bit more careful with my expenses as my part time studies have begun and every now and then, I may have to pay for books and stuffs. Oh, and the transport may be a killer on my pockets. Good thing, it isn't in some far off place and it's still quite accessible. However, if I could make a bit more moolah via my online shop, I will use part of it to invest back in new stuffs because I have to keep up with the trends in the papercrafting world.

My second haul will be from mapletreehouse which is my favourite online store for papercrafting materials. However, the only thing is that many of items are on pre-order..boo hoo..unless you go down to the store at IMM which is so the 'near' to my house..LOL. But in Singapore, almost everywhere is well connected.

There is a problem with my second haul though. Apparently, I bought the Tim Holtz distress stain and somehow my package got squashed by another package, which they failed to see, and the ink seeped through everything that was in the package. They tried to clean off the products but too much damage was done. Oh well. They are going to replace but apparently, one or two of thems have no stock. Argh..must wait a bit more.

So now let's just focus on my first haul, eh?



First of all, no papers! Apparently, I went paper crazy last month and now I accumulated quite a bit of them. So instead I focused on mediums, chipboard sticker, 12 X 12 stickers, stamp and trims. Stuffs that I usually buy except for the glimmer mist. I wanted the same chipboard sticker as the one used for the class but alas, don't have! :( It was the one that I almost wanted to get but did not and went I went back again, seriously gone. Haiz. But this chipboard stickers from Crate Paper isn't too bad. 

I actually didn't want to get any stamps but this stamp set from Prima Marketing, they're so versatile  because they're mostly in doily and lacy patterns. You can use the lacy patterns by stamping them side by side to use it to decorate as a border.

I think the journal stickers from Prima Marketing is from an old collections but the stickers look so dreamy and they will go well with feminine or shabby looking cards or layouts. And of course, trims! I have also accumulated quite a bit of it, like I'm so scared that the local craft stores will run out of it coz the trims are so popular. Yeah, me and my paranoia.

There are two mediums as well. One is the Tattered Angels Sunflower which is basically yellow glimmer mist and Tim Holtz distress stain in tarnish, I think. It has a nice bronze-y colour so you can distress the edges, dab over a mask and  whatever your creative mind lead you to. However, I have problems creating the splatter effects with it, maybe because the pigment is heavier? Not sure.

So yah, that's my craft haul in October! *in announcement voice*

Thanks for dropping by!

Comments