October Cards for Sales - Batch 1 (Dose of Shabby Chicness)

Ever since I studied shabby chic cards some time ago when I received orders for it, I find that they're actually really pretty and very different from the usual designs that I make. But I'm up for finding new design ideas to make more interesting cards.

I sheepishly admit that I took longer than required so much so I had to skip misting the whole two cards with glitter mist in 'Sunflower' or yellow, in layman's term. When I attended the scrapbooking class, we finished off our projects with misting. I like the effects, though it wouldn't be my first time misting my own projects, as the colour choices allow for some see through glittery effects. I tend to stick to safe colours like silver, which can barely be seen but still leave behind a nice soft glitter, and bronze or gold for that tinge of colour. I never really thought of colours like aqua but I think I thought of it too late because I couldn't find the colour in the shop. Could be in my next craft haul, let's see.

Oh yes, why I took so long. I was still trying to practise what I learnt from the class. And er,  plus I was supposed to follow the sketches I had made earlier but let's say..I was too lazy to get up once I have sat down with the materials. You can't blame me. It's 2.20 ish in the morning when I started..haha. But the main reason was that I was recalling the techniques I learnt by studying one of the layouts. I shall put up the two layouts in a separate post soon and talk more about them. We share share knowledge.

I have no specific designs but I find that my clean designs are liked more than the designs I experiment a bit more with the use of mediums giving it a more 'dirty' look. For me, I have no favourites. Oh wait, I do have. The ones that don't require me to think too much and just paste paste..ha!

So I came up with these shabby chic designed cards.

These cards are also up for sales in October for a limited time  here.


I made the doily paper have a more 3D element to it by scrunching it up from the middle. I then pasted a die cut frame over it. The background looked pretty soft but there are several elements to it including part of a fenced border, of which the second half is used for the other card project. I made two cards concurrently. Oh, I also stamped the top edge with my new stamp from Prima Marketing. It is a lace design and I stamped twice for the running effect of the design. Finished off the cards with three twirls of pink shimmery twine.



You can see the fence border in the background and I also stamped a flowery image with distress stain in tarnish and it has that gold glitter effects. I propped up the image of an olden days dressmaker, cut in banner shape, on three square cardboard pieces to make it 3D. The flowers at the top of the banner was fussy cut out from the same patterned paper. I adorned the flowers further with a chipboard flower from Crate Paper and add on another banner using netting fabric.

There is also stamping with a fancy edge border stamp and also a small bird.

I didn't use any resins or paper flowers and focus a bit more on border edge stamping.

Thanks for dropping by!




Comments