Tri-Fold Card - Attempt no 1

I've always wanted to try making this tri-fold card but it looked complicated with the cutting and aligning of patterned papers that I pretty much think that I could just admire from far..or at least online. But I thought heck..I just try my best to follow it as accurately as I can. Within an hour, I made the base card which surprisingly, wasn't that hard..but of course I was nervous in trying to make the right cuts and folds. I didn't fold properly at first of which it has this series of valleys so I had to make another quick look at a sample card from a website and got it right later. Phewh..I thought I had to waste another card stock.

The next one hour was spent decorating it. I thought that this will be an easier process but it has its challenges as well because it involves..*gulp* more cutting! After I was almost done with the card, when I browsed through several websites for ideas on how to decorate, there was an easier way of of covering the base card to cut down the cutting process. Oh well, there is always a first time.

During the cutting process, I got to know how to use my new paper cutter more efficiently so that I don't always have to depend on the ruler which I still use as a guide.

Hope you like my finished product!

This is available for custom orders at just $5.50. Drop me a note if you would like to order.

Thanks for dropping by!

how it looks like when the card is opened.

The Cover

Side view. The giver can write in the middle of the card. Top of the card can have the greeting

Comments