Altered Notebooks, Whiteboard in Pink theme & A Farewell Card

What's your favourite colour? I'm not quite a girly girl but I really find pink to be nice although I like other colours as well like blue! But no, blue doesn't have to be dreary like Monday blues. Think of ocean blue, sky blue..and you get the picture.

But coming back to pink, when I get a request to do a pink theme notebook, card etc..I get all excited. That or frilly girly feminine stuffs. But I get to design for guys as well so I like how my orders can get challenging at times. This time round, I altered a whiteboard to a pink theme! *squeeeeee* and I came up with this.






Lately, I have been trying my best to see to squeeze in time to fulfill my orders. It could be in the wee hours, or about forty five minutes before I go to work. So in order to shorten time on the thinking process, I would usually sketch or take the things of what I want to use and put them in a small box. It cuts down time as I'm so called forced into using the items from that small box unless of course some of the items don't fit with the theme and I will rummage again but I'll try to think up fast too.

Speaking of time, I actually did these 3 notebooks around 4.30 ish in the morning..including...an 8" X 6" card! I was almost to the brink of panicking because I thought I couldn't finish the card because I only started at 7.30am and I had to leave for work at 8.15am!

If you're pressed for time, suddenly the creative side of the brain works, haha. Luckily it was co-operative at that time.

I've been tasked to design farewell themed notebooks and cards. To be honest, I'm quite clueless about this theme but I guess the recurring theme could be transport or things that you bid adios to like hot air balloons and butterflies.

Yes, very abstract thoughts, haha.

Anyway, here are the notebooks. I actually did them together after pulling out the materials I would want to use.





This is the farewell card I designed for a department who wanted to say farewell to one of the teachers moving to another school. Let's say the card is rather big for me to take a snapshot of the name as well. I personalized the card using alpha chiboard by Dear Lizzy. I think you can see the top of the letters a bit.

Oh yes, remember how I spoke about how blue isn't like blue blue as in Monday blues? This card has a blue theme to it.

For this card, I honestly didn't have time to sketch (only half an hour...argh!) so good thing, I still had the small stash of leftover papers and unused bellies from project notebooks.




I added elements such as stamped image and masking with a chevron template. It has quite a masculine theme to it.

If you're keen on pre-ordering notebooks or cards, drop me an order query (right  panel) of this blog.

Thanks for dropping by!


Comments