Chirping Bird Tag with Blue Pastel Shades Card

In life, we do not know what the future has for us tomorrow. Every day, whether consciously or unconsciously, we make decisions and how we make our choices, determines what happens next. I will be extremely busy for the next few weeks right up until the day before February 14th but I've always taken a balanced approach in life. My 'balanced' approach means lazing on the day couch and surfing the net for soap dramas, haha! Sure, sometimes it can be rather crazy but if I want to stick to my goals in life, sometimes you have to do...what you've gotta do with sincerity and without the unnecessary jealousy and backstabbing.

I alternate between different things and while tired after returning home late on certain days, I know I cannot do anything else but have a very late dinner, surf net a little and then proceed to sleep. But I may wake up earlier if I have things to do. Somehow, the mind may work wonders in the wee morning but it could be just me ;P

So, I have made this card for a colleague of mine and I like how it turned out. Having very little time means I have to make fast decisions and sometimes, I have to grab whatever is lying around on the table from a previous or current project. There are two words which can pretty much summarize such moments where I didn't have time to plan out. Be Creative.






I love the paper collections from Prima Marketing because they have such beautiful patterned papers that have intricate and pretty designs at the borders which I will highlight when I make cards or notebook covers. It's also perfect for busy people like me because the paper is beautiful enough and I just have to emphasize its beauty, like in the instant above, I added a chipboard tag from My Mind's Eye, which is another favourite brand of mine.

I like the whole blue pastel colour scheme and I added some colour with flower cut outs from Webster's Pages. I also added other subtle effects such the a scallop punched bookprint and a light pink flower blooms.

Another effect which you can't really tell from here is that pop up flower cut out from the same patterned paper. It adds a 3D element to the card, apart from the paper flower.

Thanks for dropping by!

Comments