Birthday Cards for 2014

I missed doing this post but then, it's never too late to do a write up on the cards I have made. Unlike my regular orders which I, most of the time, spend a good amount of time doing research and sketching out (despite my zero ability in drawing), this is one batch of cards I basically close one eye to do and not be so detailed. I have to because I do a few cards simultaneously and I work in very little amount of time.

But before you think that I put in shoddy work, I don't. The only thing is that it's not very detailed but I still put in effort because I believe that in whatever work you do, you must always give your 110% percent and do your best.

So let's take a look at the cards I have made, yay....

::Please click on the images for a larger display::







The trick in making cards in super short amount of time, or at least attempt to make it in 20 minutes or less for each card and still look stunning, is to stick to using a 6 X 6 paper pad that has a mixture of prints that can be cut out and solid prints for the background. I love the Kaisercrafts 6.5" paperpad much like the one in this post which I actually used mainly for the card above. You can also stick to just one set of collection that comes with patterned papers which has some solid prints and prints with images that you can cut out and the pack also comes with either stickers or die cuts to use as embellishments. That way, you won't be fumbling around and for me, I like to add a bit of interest by adding some elements of mixed media such as misting and adding splotches of Tim Holtz distress stains. I guess you have read about me using this method a lot but it's one of my fav methods. You just need to pounce on the cards with the bottle to create the effects and I also like to use a mask and pounce over the unconvered area. The thing about mixed media is that the results may vary. According to the website,

"Distress Stains are fluid water-based dyes for papers and other porous surfaces.  Use for quick and easy ink coverage for backgrounds and larger areas."

So yeah, they're the right mixed media tools for quick and easy crafting. 

Some of the cards up close.



Notice the blue stains on the card? It's from using the Tim Holtz distress stain.




My other quick and easy embellishments are often stickers or die cuts that double up as the main focal point of the card and using of quotes. 

This time, I decided to directly stamp Happy Birthday onto the cards itself rather than separately and cutting them into smaller pieces and mounting on the cards using foam dots. The direct stamping makes it a LOT easier for me but I must remember to leave ample of space for it.

If you wish to order cards, don't forget you can always do so by going to the order tab or by sending a message in the box on the right panel. I promise you that it won't be a quick and easy ones like the ones you see earlier although admittedly, they still turn out nice.

Thanks for dropping by!

Comments