Card Showcase: "Celebrate Life" & "Memories"

Memories tag with a chipboard script border


When I have beautiful patterned papers to work with, I don't have to actually sit down and plan but ideas come trickling and one of the best thing is that when they're layered, they look good together. To me, a good layered card is when everything seems to blend in seamlessly and to achieve that, it may take a long time but the final result can be breathtakingly beautiful.

I don't know if you notice my style, which can be recurring or totally different from my other works. But one thing for sure is that I use minimal embellishments. I like to play around with different pieces that have been handcut from a bigger sized paper. But the next frustrating thing is when I have difficulty associating myself with the overall design of the card. I'm just a prefectionist this way. However, I leave it to my customers to appreciate my cards. They may see things that I can't see that make the card special in their own ways which I truly appreciate. I guess that kind of thing happen when you make card designs on an almost daily basis.

I also feel that when I thought I just came up with a brilliant design, people do not buy the cards, haha. Oh well. Everyone has different styles and opinion. I don't force them to buy. If they like, they'll buy and I will be happy because they have given the card a home.

Here's another of my card order.

Bulb from Prima Marketing

Texture is another way of adding details for the card. I actually bought a pack of fake lightbulbs as embellishments but when they came in the mail, I thought they're so huge! The ones that was given to me were small. Oh well, thankfully I managed to find a use for the lightbulbs. No no not to use it for real because it's just acrylic.

I love doing collages and now I also like to include some rub-ons such as the one from Kaiser Craft. Still not used to being able to rub the image well but yah, at least it turns out decently fine.

Please feel free to drop me an order query from the side bar if you wish to order my cards or any other paper products. Just click on the the product catalogue to find out more.

Thanks for dropping by!

Comments