Altered Notebook "Pastels"







This is a fun notebook cover which I did last week as I played with masking and distressing as well making a layered collage. I worked with pastel colous and added some details such as the pretty hearts resin from Webster's Pages. It has been awhile since I last used ribbon on a notebook and I thought the white ribbon adds a nice finishing touch.

I also picked up a new technique which is driping some glitter glue like paint dripping. Interesting technique, I must say.





Close up of the layered collage
The only difficulty I have is with the scallop border punch which I think isn't so sharp anymore. I don't really remember using it that much but I guess because it needs a little fine tuning, just like a grand piano. I heard that to keep the 'teeth' sharp, it's best to punch through aluminium foil. Not sure if it helps, but worth a try! I think it's better now. Perhaps something got stuck inside, I don't know, haha.


If you like this post, please help to share it by clicking on any of the social buttons below. If you wish to get a customised tri-fold card like the above, please click here for the various ways you can order or simply send me a  note from the side bar.



Thanks for dropping by!

Comments