Card Showcase "Find the Joy"


Find the Joy

Sometimes my mum thinks that I'm putting in too much effort and then I'm not being paid enough. I admit that the money that comes in isn't fantastic and I'm lucky if I can get $100 that month, which hardly covers what I spent on the materials, although those materials can be used for many many projects as long as I'm pretty selective over what to buy.

However, I find it a joy making these cards and to me, what matters most is customer satisfaction. If they're satisfied, hopefully they'll come back as repeat customers and also recommend them to other peeps. Them telling me that they showed to other people and they loved it and if they want to buy, they know how to find.

It's really touching to hear that, really. These people really help me to keep the passion alive.


I never stop learning every day. I save beautiful pictures of other people's works, learn from them and hopefully be able to recreate the beauty that they have done. I am still a long way to go to be of the same level as them but to me, what matter is that I don't stop learning and I continue to be better.

For this card above, I used mainly neutral colours because it's meant for a male recipients so you don't see any frills like lace and pearls, for sure. I enjoy making cards of this sort too because it makes me think a little bit more rather than relying on just pretty feminine things. I used to make cards of this sort a lot but I got a lot of requests from male customers to make cards for their girlfriends so somehow, I get used to making more feminine cards.

I'll be making a card for another male recipient and this time, will be more focused on bright colours but of course, no frilly stuffs. It will just look silly.

Here's a close up of the card.






I added chipboard from Bo Bunny, My Mind's Eye and Prima Marketing. Yes, I love me some chipboards. I also added some gems on the 'Find the Joy' chipboard for some interest.

If you like this post, please help to share it by clicking on any of the social buttons below. If you wish to get a customised tri-fold card like the above, please click here for the various ways you can order or simply send me a  note from the side bar.



Thanks for dropping by!





Comments