Easel Card " Butterflies & Birds"



This is an easel card which I did recently and I love the final look of the card where I used a combination of die cut pieces from older collections and some cut outs from the newer collections. The final look is a pleasing collage of butterflies and birds.

Some stamping was also done and I stamped a chandelier in light blue ink so that it doesn't look too overwhelmed with the overall design.


What I like about the card is that the cover can be propped up, much like an art piece. For the inside of the card, instead of using a washi tape, I used a border with a flourish edge.

This month, I'm a little tight on finances so I have to cut down a little on my crafting expenses.  If you notice, I don't really charge a lot for my handmade goodies. Not that I can't do it but I want to make them affordable as that's one of my goals for running this online shop.

Back to the story of my life, haha. I realize that I have also been cutting down on buying things from the facebook group. So far, what I notice in the group is almost always the same people buying. I wonder if they'll end up using what they bought because they seem to be buying a lot and with such fast fingers. I used to want almost everything like I don't know, somehow I thought I will lose out if I don't buy them. I will also try to check out the collections every week and have to somehow go down that very evening or at most the next day. Luckily, ever since school starts, I don't have the  luxury of time to go down after work. If there's really a need due to custom orders and I don't have the stuffs back home, I can only make use of Tuesday to run some errands.

The thing is, it's not a matter of accumulating as much pretty things as possible. I can tell you that you will forget these things ever exist the minute you get your hands on the newer collections. Just like how I cut down on buying make up stuffs. Yes, my other love. I'm not a make up artist and I don't wear lipstick when I go to work or school and I hardly go out with my friends. So I don't need another container of lipsticks, haha.

If you like this post, please help to share it around by clicking on any of the social buttons below. Meanwhile, to make custom orders with me such as this easel card, you can click on the above link or simply write to me via the side bar.
Thanks for dropping by!


Comments