Card Showcase: "Farewell"

Farewell "These Memories"

In life, we cannot always remain stagnant. I used to be in a position where I felt like I'm too comfy where I am because of the colleagues I had...er..pretty much in my current job as well. But then, I had to travel a lot which can be exciting as I get to travel to different parts of Singapore (not overseas..lol) but it took quite a toll on me transport cost wise. I am not earning  much. My father was ill and I don't wish to travel anymore.



But I was given a new opportunity. Actually, my department had to close down and we had been deployed to a private company, which offered basically the same service although it is a new one for them. However, I decided enough was enough. I went to HR of my then current department and asked help to get me a job in a ministry. I still had to go through the interview process and due to me being asked to 'graciously leave', they gave me priority.

I got the job within 2 weeks and was so excited to embark on a new journey. No more travelling..yay! The place where I got posted to is like two bus stops away although I have to walk another 15 minutes cutting through the private estates.

Though I'm only in touch with my former colleagues namely through facebook, they will be forever etched in my memories as I bid farewell to them and form new memories with my current colleagues.

Like how my colleague put it, "I'm not going to say goodbye to you because this is not the last time we are seeing each other"

Thanks for dropping by!

Comments