Mixed Media Card "Lady & Butterfly"






Presenting to you, my first total mixed media card..yay!

I actually went to a class to learn how to make this particular card while at the same time, learning the different techniques of using inking and other mediums. It was a very fruitful card and the one and a half hour I spent at the cozy class called Distress 101 was so worth it. The background paper you see behind is a result of me slogging away in distressing in various colours and ghost stamping, a new technique I picked up during the class as well.


One thing still stand and that is I can't colour to save my life, haha. So you see the lady's face and hair colour seemed well blended into each other although a  pop of pink on her face probably saved it from being a one monotone colour.

I also learnt to add distress glitter to the punched out butterfly piece and I actually have used this technique before but never thought it would work on a punched paper. Oh yes, the kraft envelope also makes a good layered background embellishments.

So many loves for this simply looking but awesome looking card!

So that's it, I somehow know what I will be investing next.

I can totally make a mixed media card for you now! haha..In fact, one of the notebook I made recently had me doing some mixed media on a piece of paper and added it as a background. But sadly, most of it got covered up so now I learn that if I want to showcase mixed media, it's best done on a card layout but we'll see. I'm just learning so it take a bit of trial and error to get it done perfect to show off its beauty.

Feel free to share this post and to send me an order query for a mixed media card like the above.

Thanks for dropping by!

Comments