Birthday Cards with Bo Bunny Chipboards & Mason Jar




Hi,

Nowadays, I like to include frames, whether Polaroid chipboard frame or frame designs on the patterned paper which I would then cut out. I would also cut again the frame into two and use it as part of the design, top and bottom, to make it a bit more balanced. A polaroid chipboard frame is good on its own but I like to add a bit more of dimension by adding another flat diecut, for example, in the above, a mason jar which I don't think will ever go out of style.


Nowadays, I would prefer to embellish lesser and if you follow my blog posts, probably you would be able to notice. If I can pick out one nice chipboard or diecut piece that has an interesting element, the rest of the card is merely enhancing the chipboard or diecut as the centre piece.

I also notice this with wedding cakes which I see on IG. Understated but with lovely touches of fresh flowers or rosettes piped to near perfect in rows and in complementary colours, made the cake look so lovely and ready to be served to the wedding couple and their guests.

Not just cakes, but I've been studying designs from various designers and while I used to study those with what they call 'beautiful mess', those simple yet cleaner designs make quite an  impact too. Well, everyone has their own preferences and one time, I may like it simple and another time,  a little bit more elaborate depending on the materials and the design requested.

If you like this post, please help to share it around. For custom orders, feel free to contact me above or through the side bar on the right for order queries.

Thanks for dropping by!



Comments