Card "Don't Give Up"







I've been buying those mini Tim Holtz distress ink pads and I wished I could buy them all..LOL. But who knows, I'll be hoarding all after all in future. Colouring has never been my strength but I've always thought that a bit of colour here and there, or full blown colouring in the background, or in this case distressing, make a card truly stand out. But of course, just like art, sometimes you don't know how it will eventually look like. Like for me, sometimes it can be disastrous. However, for the second picture on top, I didn't think it looked too bad. So after watching numerous you tube videos, on the correct techniques of adding some colour to the background, I think I'm on a roll.


So now, we have layering and colouring, and honestly, I think I cannot live without both in terms of card making. Even if it's just a minor distressing or watercolouring, of which the latter help to soften the overall look a bit, I think the effort will pay off. Practice of course takes time but you'll eventually be pleased at how much more you can create from now on. Just don't give up! If you fail the first time, try again until you get it right :)


For custom orders, please click on the links above or send me a message through the order form at the side bar.

Thanks for dropping by!

Comments