Easel Cards "Tea Cup & Dream"

I love making easel cards. I've seen recent trends in making box cards and while they look gorgeous, I don't think you'll be seeing them in my online shop, haha. I like the idea of designing the cover of the card, rather than go through the tediousness of measuring every single nook and cranny. While the easel card still require somewhat some folding and cutting, it's pretty straight forward, well at least the method that I learnt. 

I also love making it because it sorta give my card design a spotlight when it's being propped up. Well ultimately, that's the whole idea right, after working so hard on designing it? Haha..

For the cards above, I'm still learning to incorporate colours and stamped designs in the background. I still could not get the paint streaming effect right yet but if I do ever, I think it will be so awesome :) I did pick up some tips on how to increase the mileage from the glimmer mist, which is basically colour fluid in a bottle which you mist to get the sprayed effects. Simply by misting over the glimmer mist with water, it will give a more natural effect to the mist, rather than just sprayed on. Probably you can understand better what I mean with the top left hand corner card.

Just like life itself, every day we learn something whether consciously or unconsciously to be a better individual. Rather than being a 'cookie cutter', we also learn to stand out to be an individual without underestimating our abilities because we can go far if we want to. Like they say, the sky is the limit.

If you like this post, please share it around. For custom orders of easel cards, feel free to contact me from above or send me order queries from the side bar to the right.

Thanks for dropping by!


Comments