First Time at a Card Buffet Session


Hi,

Recently I bought quite a lot of materials at one which cost me over $100 and looking at my history of spending on craft items, I've never spent this much before, at least in one go. But I was just grabbing along things that are kids-related to make 300 (!) cards. After buying them, I realised that hey, I got the chance to go for a card buffet...for freeee!!! This would be a good chance for me to make use of their materials, punches, papers and all, and learn cardmaking.


But yah, the cardmaking part stops there, haha. There was someone there to supervise though she pretty much left us alone to do our thing and to ask her if we need help. So initially, I was quite clueless because I'm working with things that I'm not familiar with but there were quite a few samples being displayed around for inspiration.

Then, I figured out that well, I'll do what I can do and not ponder too long. In other words, just go with the flow.

So the first card well...it was rather flowery and I decided to just work with the card kit I had chosen out of the ones left, which trust me, weren't that fantastic but because I was late, I had no choice. I picked out that was most suitable for me to use (nothing to do with Christmas and school) and worked along the colour scheme in lovely shades.

It worked, though! I was happily choosing stickers within the colour scheme and had fun with their pretty butterfly punches. I have a few of my own but somehow, I liked their collection. I also used the Martha Steward doily deep punch which are gorgeousss....coz it has this garland look without the edges. I just punched without knowing what to do with them but it gave a pretty accent on the card! Love it.

At the end of the session, I learnt that anyone can be creative and it doesn't have to be top notch work. It simply have to come from the heart knowing that you are making it for someone you know and would appreciate, for example a good friend or your child. Simple as that :)




Comments