Valentine's Day Card "Little Twin Stars"


When I design a card, I think it's important the things that you choose to decorate the card must have a sense of togetherness. To me, colour is also very critical and I probably emphasize this in my earlier posts as well. I like to pull in colours from a main image, if there is one just like the above and then things will start to slowly make sense.

But ultimately, it's important to develop your own style and not merely copying other people's style because eventually, it should be something that you are proud of, which you can call your own.

For this card above, the reverse happened actually. I decorated the card first before finding a suitable image for it. Just so it happens, it had the colours I used earlier on the card. Talk about luck!


Sometimes the rules are meant to be broken, if it's going to bring you to new discoveries. So, don't be afraid if you feel like you can do something better, if it it means that you are improving upon a tried-and-tested method. There's an endless well of learning so don't be afraid to break the broundaries. Just don't be a copycat, because eventually people will pick it up.


I hope this will inspire you to make something that comes from the heart.

For custom orders, please feel free to drop me your order query from the side bar or contact me from the link above.

Thanks for dropping by!

Comments