Canvas Display "Shine Bright" & A Little Ode to a Friend


This is a canvas display, an original work of mine, after I've studied various mixed media works from local and international crafters and I thought that this is an excellent piece of work that sees me venturing beyond cardmaking.

I loved how I get to mix my favourite layering techniques with mixed media which cardmaking gives me very little area to work on both together. So, I thought this is an excellent way to display my limited art skills but which I tried my best to produce a worthy piece of work.



I won't say I'm very creative but every piece of work that I do, I want it to be of high quality and the expectation for this piece is even higher because it's meant as a pre-birthday present for a good friend of mine.

You know how in life, you need to surround yourself with positive people instead of those who often harbour negative feelings over everything as though everyone owes him or her a living. This friend of mine puts our interest at heart and she worries for us and tries her best to help us but ultimately, she wants us to help ourselves.

She teaches me the value of saving and to spend money wisely instead of unnecessarily. Although saving is initially hard even until now since I'm the sole breadwinner and my salary is still quiet insufficient considering things here are expensive, I try my best especially for this year when I wrote down my financial goals and work towards at least, saving up for rainy days which I haven't been able to do before as I struggle day by day.

But my bad experience towards end of last year, makes me put things in perspective from how I spend and how I save and so far, things have been looking well *fingers crossed* I could not have done it without the support of my friend who not only taught me the value of money, but teaches me the true value of friendship with her tremendous support and encouragement for all her friends.

Here's more close up views of the canvas display.



I've die cut the frame using Gold paper from Popular bookstore, and diecut the background for the frame using the mixed media Sizzix thinlit. For the canvas, I prepped it with distress paint and layered texture paste on it using a Prima Marketing mask. I added colour on the paste using water colour and then added layers of paprs underneath the frame for height. For the final touches, added bits and pieces of minimal embellishments and a sprinkling of sugar crystals from Prima Marketing.

So if  you fancy something different from cards, I would recommend this canvas 3D display. A small card can also hidden in the display if you wish to pen down your well wishes.

If you wish to make your custom order with me, feel free to use the contact form on the right side bar.

Thanks for dropping by!

Comments