Card Tutorial: Pretty Gold Foiled Butterfly


Butterflies are a favourite among crafters and across the manufacturers, there are many kinds of designs available. They are versatile enough for a feminine or grunge looking cards. Click through below on how to do a similar card to the above.







Cover an A6 card sized with patterned paper. You can leave a thin border if you would like to. Cut a smaller patterned paper, preferably of lighter or off white colour and a strip of border.


Cut half a doily, with the middle portion cut out, a rectangular shaped journal tag placing it on top of the border and small patterned paper, a gold foil cut in semi circle and fussy cut flower.

Arrange as above and you can start to put glue once you are satisfied with your collage. You can use foam dots for height and for a more layered look.

Use foam dots for the white patterned paper and taper down the edge of the brown paper with the border pattern.



Next, I cut out some baroque patterns from Webster's Pages and arranged it as so. For the middle green pattern, I layered on top of the white paper and tapered the other end down before applying glue for interest so it doesn't look so 'flat'.




I cut out two butterfly patterns from Kaiser Craft single sheet of paper from their All their Glitters collection, one big and one small and arrange as so. Loving the gold foil on the butterflies.

I didn't want the word 'sitting' so I cut a small banner from scrap paper and paste it over it, with a bit of it hanging at the edge.


I added some watercolouring on the white patterned paper, at the top left hand corner and a small part in the middle. Don't worry if you colour over the border paper. I used co-ordinating colours so everything looks cohesive. I then added glitter glue using my fingers across the watercoloured areas.



Lastly, I added liquid pearl dots at two corners diagonally to each other, in small and big sizes just like how I've done so above.

This card will be available in the online shop very soon.

If you like this tutorial, please feel free to share it by clicking on any of the social buttons.

Thanks for dropping by!

Comments