Handmade Custom Farewell Card "Bicycle"


I envy those really creative crafters who put in much time and effort doing what they love, joining design teams and making money out of their love for crafting. And they can be generous in showing their techniques which I learnt a lot from and I can tell you, until now, I am a noob compared to these crazy talented people.

But every one of us can learn a lot, whether you have little or zero knowledge at first, it's a matter of how much you are willing to learn.





For the farewell custom handmade card, as it's intended for a male colleague of a customer, I thought that well, maybe it's a good time to put my mixed media skills to test, or at least what I have learnt and put them into practice. I must openly admit that it can be intimidating playing with paint and ink even though the main idea is to have fun. But just like riding a bicycle, it takes practice. I go with my gut instinct on what to do next in order to make the background stand out a little using distress ink and also ink straight from the mist spray bottle.

I've also learnt to properly use the stash of leftover scraps and build them up into a layered look and in between the layers, I've added colours for some dimension. I've also used some glitter in co-ordinating colour underneathe stamped bicycle, which you can't really see from the picture, and some distress glitter on the bicycles to give the card subtle texture.

In all, it's fun and my advice is not to give up if the first few times, the results don't turn out as expected. You'll just get better and better at it.

If you want me to make a custom order card for you, do send me your order queries from the side bar. And if you like this post, be sure to share it by clicking on any of the social buttons.

Thanks for dropping by!

Comments