Handmade Greeting Card Gold & Blush "Laughter, Memories"


Sometimes, I don't know just study the works of other people related to scrapbooking or cardmaking. I am also influenced by beautiful decor, style and even colour themes. Gold is an in colour and I don't think the colour will ever lose its popularity and gold, when paired with certain colours, will give a winning combination.



 This card theme of gold and blush was inspired by a wedding stationery designed by a local online business and their primary inspiration comes from pinterest. This time, they chose the combination of gold and blush from a contemporary wedding style and I just thought that hey, this would seem like the kind of colours I want to play with for a card design and so I picked out patterned papers and embellishments to form a sweet looking card.

I know some scrappers who flip through IKEA book or wedding magazines for inspiration and I feel that many wedding set ups are getting more and more gorgeous, the more money the couple are willing to pump in. But the same grandeur can be created on a budget if we know how to play around the theme and find decors that blend in and yet acquired at a lower cost. Because no one is going to nitpick on how much this or that cost. They would just be struck by the beauty of it, not knowing that these are all bought on a budget.


For the card, I cut a strip of patterned paper with gold damask from Kaiser Craft and I used layering of scrap papers that match the colour scheme on top of a star-shaped doily and also layered on some fussy cut flowers from Webster's Pages in between the layers of paper. I propped up a die cut piece of flower from Maggie Holme's Open book collection using a thick foam sticker and then added die cut flourish using gold patterned paper from Kaiser Craft which I cut from the BigShot machine. 

I finished off the card with pink swirls, a quote, a small tab chipboard from Prima Marketing and a small paper flower.

This card is available in my online shop here and only one piece is available.

For custom orders, please feel free to send me your order queries from the right side bar.

Thanks for dropping by!

Comments