Custom Handmade Birthday Card "For a Loving Mama"


I grew up with a loving grandma who, even though was half paralysed due to stroke, still showered me with love and give money to mum for my expenses and to buy toys for me. I wasn't a demanding grandchild but she just wanted me to be happy and also to repay my mum's kindness when she gave her money from work for her expenses. Sometimes, instead of buying toys for me, my mum would use the money to pay for the taxi fare when we go home or to buy food.

I wanted to create a vintage looking card but working around the colours of the hot air balloon chipboard from a past collection of Prima Marketing. Its bright orange and turquoise hues served as the primary colours of the card.


For the background patterned paper, I used one from Bluefern Studios. As the background was mostly in one solid colour, I could play around with it by adding swirls using Tim Holtz Flourish mask. I didn't want the background to be too overwhelming as I wanted to concentrate more on the layers.

As I was working on a very limited time, I basically just skipped the layering part and used the hotair balloon chipboard and a frame die cut from Kaisercraft which I then embellished with a fabric flower, a key woodchip from Prima Marketing which I layered with a small flower chipboard.I also tucked half a paper flower at the bottom layer.

Close up details of the card

To finish up the card, I've added subtle watercolouring, liquid pearl dots and some pearl swirls. Then, I wanted to balance the card a bit so I added a butterfly chipboard at the top corner which I embellished with a button.

If you like this post, please click on any of the share buttons. For custom orders, you can contact me in the above link or send your order queries at the side bar.

Thanks for dropping by!


Comments