Canvas & Tag Art "Dream and Faith" & My Motivation


Last month, I went to two make-and-take and they were so fun to make, under the guidance of talented crafters. I love learning from other people and their wealth of experience and creativity are astounding. Their classes are usually not cheap so when they organized these free or affordable sessions, I normally wouldn't miss it for the world.

Faith & Dream. How apt that I had chosen the phrase and the word tag because they are so interlinked with each other. Anybody can dream. While many dream of material goods, I would rather dream of a better future. I want to put away the hardship and the struggles and carve myself a future where I have less worries over finances and basically concentrate on achieving success in my life and providing a comfortable living for my family.


I got involved in papercrafting about three years ago because I was fascinated at the creations made and how beautiful they were. However, looking at the prices and how my pay back then couldn't afford me those crafting materials, I resorted to just buy during their big sales where one fine day, a papercrafting stores held a moving out sales. From then on, I started accumulating and then I got this idea of making money from it, where part of the money will be able to fund my hobby. It helped and I got excited over the things I could possibly from my earnings. Someone from my workplace was kind hearted enough to trust me with making cards every month and while I used it for the supplies, normally I will use the balance to buy things like food for the family.

My salary had increased quite significantly from then on and I could afford even more things which made it possible for me to employ various techniques and make various designs. Of course there are times I get carried away and I just buy and buy things, that I end up not using much. So starting from this year, I've been more careful with my expenses and usually buy things that I can use for much longer and also those things that I am sure to use for my crafting projects.

I got major proposals and  my highest earnings so far, was $900. I am not in this for money completely but I see money that I receive as the result of it that supplements my salary. To be honest, it isn't much since I don't charge a lot as the main motivation is for me to spread the love of handmade paper products and out of all the things I make, I still enjoy making cards from the start. I kept prices affordable so that I can make it for more people and keep going.

There are slow months and there are times I struggle to keep up with the orders. But I'm always glad for the opportunities that come my way although one day, I hope to bring it up to another level and I am willing to put in the time and effort to ensure success comes my way, despite my other commitments such as my full time job and my part time studies.

So if you have dreams, have faith that it will come true one day and every day, work towards your goals whether in big or small ways. The idea is to keep moving and to hold on to your desire and faith that your dream can come true.

Thanks for dropping by!

Comments