Customized Altered Notebook with Cute Dogs & Butterflies


This notebook was designed for a little girl, so I had to think in line of bright colours and little hearts to make the design more interesting. I had fun layering the different elements together while including a little bit of mixed media into the design as well.


My current fave is to use the mica flakes and while initially, I didn't want to use it, I thought the design needed a little bit of texture while keeping the rest of the elements soft. Speaking of which, I love including a bit of watercolouring because not only does it add a soft effect, it sometimes help to  pull the design together.

I love butterflies and I used a plastic die cut from Pink Paislee as the main embellishment and little doggie stickers. Parts of the background have been masked using a honeycomb masking for some interest.

If you like this post, feel free to share it.

For custom orders, please send your order queries on the right side bar.

Thanks for dropping by!

Comments