Handmade Birthday Card "Fashion Designer"

For custom order of cards, contact me or send your order queries on the right side bar



Gosh, to be hit with a flu bug which of course, comes with fever and drained off of energy. But life goes on and being on the bed all the time, is unfortunately, not an option. Although, yes I've spent a couple of nights after I reach home, literally sprawled on the bed after eating and changing into home clothes. It's that bad.

But I would still have to function and perform my card orders which I'm thankful that I've been doing in stages, well for at least three of the cards, where I felt helped in a way and I would defo target to completely finish them by tonight. I felt bad that they have been asking for progress and I can't actually show much, although I had done up the foundation and done the 1st stages of decorations. Oh yes, did I mention I had a project to submit this week too? When I was in the polyclinic awaiting for the doctor, which I know will take forever (plus it was a Monday), I brought my notes and textbook to write down the keypoints for the project. Lucky thing too because by the time I reached home, I was completely wrecked.

Okay, so it had been an eventful week. I have another few projects that I would post up very soon and meanwhile, this was a creation from last Saturday where I woke up from cold sweat after popping a pill for my fever. Still, not too bad because I was actually clueless how I should come up with a card design based on the request. I needed to make the card look stylish and not too over-embellished. So I looked at the materials that I had and played along on dressing up the card base.

Read on for details on the card.



It was meant for an upcoming fashion designer who is also stylish and so not into flowers and girly stuffs so I opted for something classic and will never go wrong which is gold. As I mentioned, I was looking at my stash and found out recently, I bought this really pretty patterned papers in gold glitter stripes from Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Confetti collection as I adored it immediately. Normally, for this sort of paper, I wouldn't use the whole 12 X 12 sheet and would cut it apart and I cut it to a size that is half the card size.

If you ever notice my card designs, they normally cover the whole card front but for this, I left a thin border all around. Not easy but I wanted to do something differently. In fact, the whole card was done differently from my usual style but still, with my own personal spin.

I didn't do any printing this time and instead, I cut out three dresses, sans models, that were in a magazine I got. Next, I looked for a suitable background for the dresses. My only regret was not pasting them on a separate paper and then propping them up on foam dots to make them stand out a bit more. But it's okay. I think the black background still gave emphasis to the dresses.

Next, I created a flow with the embellishments that made up of fussy cut butterflies from Kaiser Craft, a camera picture from a journal card, and with some pearls, gold sequins and couple of grey buttons.

To further add on the elegance touch, at a corner of the card, I had twirled up a string of pearl for texture and interest. In order not to make the black card too boring looking, I had cut an embossed vellum into a banner shape and pasted behind it together with a cut  piece of doily. I've also added a gold corner triangle to balance out the colour against the background.




Close up details

This post is quite lengthy but I hope you have made it through the last line here. If you like this post, be sure to share it by clicking on any of the share buttons.

Thanks for dropping by!

Comments