Handmade Birthday Card "Graceful Ballerina"




A ballerina is known for its grace and I've seen many young girls learning ballet in Singapore as part of their enrichment programmes as signed up by their parents to perhaps develop grace and poise. It's one of the most sought after activities for kids outside of school curriculum besides enrolling them for music classes.

I bought a packet of chipboards in pink hues from Prima Marketing and I thought I'd use one of the chipboards as the main embellishment. For this layout, I didn't want to heavily use inking so I had used pearls, trims and fussy cut out some flowers to decorate around the borders of the main picture of a ballerina.




From the below close up, I had actually kept the colour scheme simple with light pink and yellow. I had cut out a semi circle and pasted it in one of the corners, diagonally across the central design. Okay, the stamping didn't go according to what I had visualized so I had actually altered a bit with some light blue mica flakes and a small pearl resin to take away the chunk of stamping.

As a finishing touch, I used a string pearl which I had made some loose curls before adhering it to the page starting from the main flower chipboard. Finally, I punched out some butterflies and had them seen as fluttering at the sides. I've also added some glitter for some visual interest as though the glitter is trailing among the fluttering butterflies and also some sequins.


If you like this post, be sure to share it around by clicking on any of the social buttons. For custom orders, please feel free to send me your order queries from the right side bar.

Thanks for dropping by!

Comments