Altered Notebook Covers with Cute Bling Bling & Butterflies



I know my recent blog posts have been bombarded with the handmade card boxes but they seem to be popular. Actually, I kinda miss making those traditional bifold cards but designing these altered notebook covers also, give me some freedom to do my freestyle collage design types.

These notebooks will be used by very young girls so I've added a lot of pretty stickers and being a lover of stickers as well, I find the cute puffy stickers so adorable! They are in trend right now, though not new, because of the planner addictions where these stickers are used to embellish their planner pages.

Click through to see more of these designs.




I've only used watercolouring for the first notebook below for some contrast against the busy appearance. For the second one, as I've  used blings and lace frills, I thought they're quite attention grabbing already. Nowadays, I don't like to make the designs look too much. While there are some designers who can really make such layered beautiful designs which I loved studying their layering methods, when it's too much, the aesthetics of it will get lost as your eyes wonder around for the focal point and most eyes will just see it as one hot mess.

It takes experience of having failed designs after another but after all, it's about constant learning and experimenting to find that is mostly 'you' and not simply following what is in trend right now.





If you like this post, be sure to share it. For custom orders, feel free to send me your order queries.

Thanks for dropping by!

Comments