Handmade Explosion Card Box with DIY Cake Box



This explosion box card seems to be in trend and every box has been a great pleasure to make and I'm happy that it has been getting requests pretty often. But if you ask me, I kinda miss the traditional bifold card but thankfully, I do get the chance to make them too with nice embellishments which I managed to gather during the June sales.

From the picture above, you would see a nice DIY 'cake' box which I've done and stuffed it with crepe paper and decorating it with flower blooms. I got the idea from the customer and while the one in the picture looked lovelier, I did spend a great amount of time on it, namely making the box and ensuring the crepe paper doesn't crease too much. You know, I really give my hat off to those people who love doing DIY and come up with such nice fantastic projects. I'm not such a DIY person so I will take more effort in making them, if I could actually get it right in the first place, haha.

The decorations are quite simple as the focus is more on the pictures which you can sneak a peek from the picture. I've also made use of the diecutting machine to die cut the word 'happy'. I've also handcut the heart shaped and mat it against a red patterned paper before cutting it to shape. There's plenty of ideas online, especially pinterest, if you ever want to find different ways of decorating. It's such a thrill to learn new ideas from other people, believe me.

If you like this post, do be sure to share it with your friends. For custom orders, feel free to contact me or send your order queries from the side bar.

Thanks for dropping by!

Comments