Customised Card with Pink Floral Themed & Watercolour Background


I've got on to the watercolour craze for some time although I won't say I am a fully fledged one. I just try to integrate watercolouring into my designs and I think I've mentioned this many times in my previous posts that I used it to create some soft colours in the background. However, I created the soft pink shade in the background by watercolouring an A5 sized watercolour paper. I loved it. I had also found out another way to spruce up the background using embossing powder but that's another experiment and story for another day.

What I used for this card instead was using light modelling paste and a stencil to enhance the watercolour backgroundd. On top of the paste, I added glitter so they actually sparkled, although I should have used another type of glitter instead that will probably stay put better.

Read more below for the creative process and close up picture..


Speaking of embossing, I also embossed a stamped image of a chandelier. You know, if I were to have my own house, there is definitely going to be a chandelier because it's so elegant! I noticed that many shops tend to have at  least one chandelier as part of their lightings. Such a main centre of attraction.

I had it embossed in gold because light pink or blush with gold are stunning together. The rest is simply a collage of fussy cut flowers from Webster's Pages and the flowers from the patterned paper I cut from is one of my favourites coz it's pink, lol!




I know try to keep to a routine where I would go 'shopping' for supplies to use and cut out the things I needed from patterned papers. Then based on a sketch, or just purely instinct, I would try to form a pleasing looking collage. Some people can just work with multiple products, layer them together and look like magic. Unfortunately, I don't have that touch yet, haha.

Hope you like the card! If you do, be sure to click on any of the share buttons and for custom orders, feel free to click on the above links or send me your order queries on the right side bar.

Thanks for dropping by!

Comments