Handmade Explosion Box Card Dark Blue & Black Themed "25th Birthday"




I thought blue and black makes such a cool colour combination as you can see from the card picture above. And then add polka dots, and voila! The end result would turn out so nice. But in order to not make the card look so gloomy looking with blue and black, I added contrasting colours of light blue and beige.

For embellishments, as I was going to decorate a total of 8 panels, I kept the designs simple though I still stick to layering for at least the top layer as it's the main attraction. I used the chipboards from Bo Bunny and layered the big and small ones together for impact.

Read below to see how I designed the box cover.



 I was excited to use my brand new stars dies which I got for only $20. Yay. Because I didn't have enough time, as usual because I'm always rushing for work, I simply used the whole die and put a glittered foam on top to create those 3 stars you see below on top of light blue doily.

To finish off the look, I tied the box with a satin ribbon and ta-da! I'm done!

If you like this post, be sure to share it around. For custom orders, feel free to contact me from the right side bar or the links above.

Thanks for dropping by!


Comments