Custom Birthday Card "Blue Watercoloured Background & Penguins"



Penguin Birthday Card

When I have to do the penguin themed card, my thought was that I cannot include flowers. And I want to do a blue coloured card to mimic water and what better way than to use, watercolouring! I ever did one one card using the same technique. The only gripe is that I should invest in a bigger brush, hehe..because it seemed to take like forever for me to colour the half a sheet of watercolour paper. Plus I'm not very good with mediums and their properties. I just make do with whatever knowledge I have gained and do my best. The penguins were cute though, and I want to justice to them by not making the background too elaborate.

Read on to know more details about the card.


I loved how people can re-create the popular and often used techniques flawlessly but I know I've said this before, I still like to add my own twist to them. Some mixed media have such heavy background with multiple layers, it doesn't give much justice to the picture in the layout, as though it's just stuck there.

For the cluster of embellishments on the left corner, I layered two chipboards together and added a flair button on top and a 3 dimensional sticker. For texture, I adhered some rolled up natural twine at the base of the chipboards.

Diagonally across, I stuck on a balloon 3D sticker because I thought the colour suits the whole card theme. To add some more interest to the card, I used a die cut diamond shaped in gold stripes because I couldn't find the glitter cardstock in light blue. It was somewhere but at that point, it was nowhere, haha. In order not to make it look too blue, I used a contrasting colour in light pink but not to the point, it overwhelms the card.


 If you like this card, be sure to share it by clicking on any of the social buttons below. Want me to make a customised card for you? Send me your order queries through the box on the right side bar.

Thanks for dropping by!


Close up of the watercolour background

Comments