Handmade Birthday Card "Vintage Garden"






I was tasked to make a sweet flower themed card and at the back of my mind, I wanted to use the lovely collection from Webster's Pages Postcards from Paris. I love tthis collection and I wanted to use it for this latest project as I thought it was very apt for it.

Also, been awhile since I've done a proper vintage garden card and I used minimal embellishments while giving more focus on the beautiful fussy cut flower patterns from the collection. To add emphasis on the embellishments, I used mainly chipboards and a sole paper flower from Prima Marketing. I also wanted to incorporate ribbon into the layout to up the sweetness factor.

Read on to see a close up of the card design.

I've painted a chipboard, which I've cut into two, using Tim Holtz distress paint. I can't remember the name but the colour blended in well with the card layout. I then just rubbed on distress glitter on top. The Happiness chipboard is from My Mind's Eye and their latest collection is just so lovely! I missed out the patterned paper with the small gold foil hearts though, as I cued in on their stickers first rather than the paper collections. Oh well.


If you like this post, be sure to share it by clicking on any of the share buttons below. For custom order, feel free to send me your order queries on the right side bar.

Thanks for dropping by!


Close up of birthday card

The inside page



Comments