Explosion Box Card "Shades of Blue & Wolf Theme"






I've done a few studies of explosion box cards and oh my, some are like wah..so technical and brilliantly done. But I like to decorate them more and adding embellishments like buttons, sequins and enamel dots. It's fun to arrange the chipboards, tags and cut outs and arrange them in a pleasing manner, x4 because got four sides, lol.

I would say this is a rather simple box but what I like about this card is the colour that stands out. I find that using a plain cardstock in combination with a patterned paper one help to let the base stand out more. 




In addition, after studying the pictures...(yes, u can get new ideas studying your past work too), using two different patterned papers, horizontally and vertically, I find that it's more interesting as it helps to let the top layer stands out a little more. While I used the same patterned paper for the top layer, I broke up the monotony by adhering different patterned papers on top of the existing one for the top and bottom panels as you can see from the picture above.

I hope the above pointers help when you are making your own explosion box card :) by varying the shades of the colour or by using different patterned papers for the top layer.

If you like this post, feel free to share it. For custom orders, feel free to send your order queries in the box on the right side bar.

Thanks for dropping by!


Comments