Dancing Penguin Cards Against a Watercoloured Background


I actually enjoy doing this watercolour background and while it didn't look like it was going to be okay, I learnt from a youtube video that when it dries, it will dry nice and even and she was right. It looked so nice and when it dried, I added a bit of colours for depth and some masking using distress ink in similar shades.

Then, I used my long forgotten border punch to act as base in the middle of the card and layered a 3 X 4 inches journalling card on top of it. After that, it's just layer after layer of embellishments. Oh yes, I also did some die cutting using my BigShot to add some interest to the background, apart from the watercoloured background.

To add dimensions to your card, a tip is to use a variety of embellishments in different materials like for instance, I used a flair button, puffy stickers and chipboard stickers. And then, finish off with sequins.

Hope you like this card! Click on the labels below for more such interesting handmade cards.

Thanks for dropping by!

Comments