Handmade Bookmarks in Flowers & Butterflies Design


I love making these bookmarks, but the laminating..not so much, haha. Seriously, ANYTHING can happen when you put your painstaking artwork through the hot laminating machine. But if it helps to preserve the artwork, looks like I will be using it for some time.

There are many customised bookmarks available nowadays with the graphic designing done in house and reprinted onto cardstock before converting them into lovely bookmarks. I love those type too, but unfortunately, I can't design for nuts. What I know what to do is to put together various pieces of stickers and patterned papers to make a collage of sort and then decorating with glitter, liquid pearl and sequins, just like my creations above.


These bookmarks, I believe, will be given to during a bachelorette party. Each one goes home with a uniquely designed bookmark which I took the whole mid afternoon to do, using a patterned paper from Bo Bunny as the base with its pretty swirl designs and cream coloured background.

I actually found it by chance laying on top of a storage area for patterned papers and I thought for that split second, how great it will be to turn them into bookmarks! And I was right :) I also used a sticker sheet from Kaisercraft called Mon Cherie and it was the last one I believe and it was perfect for this project as well as another project I did later on, which is for a wedding layout.

What I normally do is to cut the big flower sticker into smaller bits and then combine with a patterned paper, also from Bo Bunny, with a floral design which I also cut the flowers into smaller pieces. You need to actually put on your creativity cap and then see how you can maximize the design using what you have. Sometimes, less is actually more.

To make the bookmarks prettier, I added pink liquid pearl and sequins and some bits of glitter, namely to cover the glue marks, haha.

Hope you like this post! Do share it around by clicking on any of the social buttons link below.

Send me a note on the right side bar with your order queries, if you're interested.

Thanks for dropping by!

Comments