Handmade Birthday Cards | Gold Gears & Moroccan Design




I'm getting more comfortable making cards for guys which means skipping all the fussy cutting of flowers and I get to play with my current dies and those wafer thin dies which are cheaper and yet still pack a punch in terms of making neat cuts.

Those gears which you see in the first picture was from a diecut set which I got for only $19.90 SGD in a local scrapbooking store, before the member's discount. I was so upset that I lost a brand new set of gears dies from Echo Park and I had been looking for it at the same shop but to no avail. After so long of searching and not finding, be it at home or at the shop, at long last they brought the design back, yay!!




Sizzix also had the gears die but it was more expensive though bigger and I thought the Echo Park one seems a better fit for my cards. And it's so thin that I could easily store it, but this time I remember to keep it properly, lest I lose it again.

The other two cards are what you may be more familiar with but for one of the card designs, I actually use a new technique that makes of the same journal card, cut into two, and have it placed at different positions. Actually, the way I did it is quite similar to what I've been doing coz I couldn't fully remembered how one crafter did hers and her work has always been stunning. Maybe, I would improve on this technique for my next card venture.

I adore the moroccan design and the teal colour of the patterned paper from Webster's Pages. The side B is also nice with its gold polka dots which I also used in the card layout. I like looking through my current stash of loose patterned papers and I incorporated acetate with white polka dots as background patterned paper for some interest. For both feminine cards, I also used wooden embellishments from Prima Marketing. There's something about the wood chips which I adore as they give some dimension and also a different type of texture to an otherwise all paper layout.

Hope you like the cards I had made! For custom orders, please feel free to click on the order link above or through the message box on the right side bar.

Thanks for dropping by!

Comments