Handmade Cards | A Pink & Vellum Layered & Frozen Themed Card




I've never received an order for a frozen theme card, in this case specifically Princess Anna and Queen Elsa. Did I get the names right, coz I didn't watch the movie despite the huge popularity, lol..as I'm not really into animated movies. But I liked the theme though, about sisterhood, how one's sister's love and selfless sacrifice for her estranged sister which finally 'melted' her heart and saved the kingdom from their ice-y fate. I don't have a sister but a younger brother where I would, in my best abilities, ensure he gets a good future and leads a comfortable living. However, I do want him to be independent as well and to learn things that I can't teach him but he will learn from experience such as that from his part-time job which I had encouraged him to sign up for despite initially being against the idea.

For the card theme, it was just a pink theme but it had to look good and therefore, I had made it a little bit more intricate as usual. However, I didn't want it to look too heavy and had added 'soft' layers made up of vellum cut in semi-circles.




When I looked back at the card design for Queen Elsa, I felt that I should punched out some snowflakes since she's the Ice Queen after all. I loved this patterned paper from Pink Paislee in its monochrome colour and I thought it would look great on the card. I used a purple and blue colour scheme and for some interest, punched a hearts border for the centre and lined it with a strip of purple glitter cardstock.

For the inside of the cards, I made a pop up 'happy birthday' using a very simple pop up technique as compared to my earlier cards where I struggled like mad, lol. Now I learn my mistake and had the cards in landscape mode in order to use this technique.

Hope you like these cards! For custom orders, simply click on the order link above or make your order queries on the right side bar.

Thanks for dropping by!





Comments