Handmade Cards | Sweet Farewell & Shabby Chic Cake

 



I've been itching to do these type of card designs for some time and while I think having a little mixed media as part of the design makes them a tad bit more interesting, they can be overpowering for some people's taste, myself included. Also partly because I'm not very good at it, haha.

I think gold with salmon pink are just so gorgeous together and yet being understated as you can see from the cards above which I did recently.

I used one of my favourite mask from Tim Holtz and I think it's the trellis design, not very sure on it and I had used distress ink to colour in the mask. There are so many mediums available now and honestly, they're not cheap and while it can be a good investment, my best bet is to get the colours that you know you will use frequently. I like subtle colouring in the background so my preferred colour should be pretty light to allow the central design to show through.

For the 'sweet' card, I used some white gesso with mask and I didn't colourize it and left it as it is. While I kept everything mostly pink, I used chipboards from Bluefern Studios, prime it with gesso before brushing on a medium and sprinkle some white glitter for some shine. I'm often too lazy to set up the heat tool as it's not within reach so I used whatever method I can to add texture to the chipboards.

Hope you're inspired by the cards as well. For custom orders, feel free to click on the order form above or send your queries via the side bar.

Thanks for dropping by!

Comments