Moroccan Themed Wedding Layout for Guestbook Cover




Initially, I didn't want to take on this project because I'm so used to making pretty garden themed or vintage layouts for wedding guestbooks that it took my by surprise. However, I felt that I should find out more about the moroccan style and did some google research. And it turned out that well, I can actually do this. It used a lot of strong colours, bold patterns and throw in some gold and the theme can be pulled off pretty easily.


So that was the approach I took when I went shopping for the materials and I actually got all the crafting supplies, except for the gold doilies, from Art Friend. Just a coincidence as I was getting the background paper and an A3 sized cardboard, I turned around and saw scrapbooking papers. They were being sold at much lesser price than the actually scrapbooking stores and though they're not the latest collections, I managed to get 3 different patterns which I felt would work well with the Moroccan style.

upclose picture on the details

If there's one thing I learn about making these, is to NEVER touch the finished product or at least stop fiddling with it anymore when it's completed. I don't want to go into details, hehe, but let's just say the butterflies were being placed strategically for those reasons. So much so, I didn't really plan on those positions which therefore to me at least, they were placed quite oddly.

However, I'm still glad it was well liked even despite that hiccup. But I still learn my lesson.

Hey if you're interested in a similar layout or guestbooks with a beautiful cover, please feel free to send me your order queries by clicking on the link above or in the box on the right side bar.

Thanks for dropping by!

Comments