Pink Explosion Box for a Wedding Couple with An Accordion Fold Card & Mini DIY Box


I think this is my second attempt at making an explosion box meant for a soon to be wedded couple but the challenge was that this is a gift so I had to make it extra special. But then again, all the boxes I've made is special in its own special ways, this one included. The real challenge comes when there are no pictures but I would have to decorate a total of 8 panels for this 3 layered box card. I had to take like breaks doing layer by layer, haha...but in the end it is totally worth it. Read more to find out what two new things I've done for this explosion box card.



I had to create enough space for the central area to pen down the well wishes for 3 people but if you ask me, there isn't much space so I did the next best thing that I could think of and which is to make an accordion fold card.

However the challenge is that (yes, another one) I didn't manage to buy a gift box where I can put in the accordion fold mini card because I completely forgotten and the shop that I was in only had one size which isn't perfect for the centre as it was too small.

So the next solution was to make a DIY box. Now don't get me wrong. I've made many explosion boxes and I've also made an origami box before but let's just say the latter box looked a bit out of shape, haha. So after half an hour of attempt, I finally decided oh well, I have to stick to what I know best. Making a mini version of the explosion box cards. But I used the method of making the box cover and doing it twice for the bottom and top layer. It takes a bit of figuring out to ensure that both fits in nicely. Thought it would look better but I didn't have much time to experiment around so that would do.

I replicated the design on the box cover of the mini box to that of the main explosion box card. I kept it simple with just the use of doily, a woodchip heart from Maya Road which I added some stickles and some paper flower blooms adorning the corner of the heart. Cute right?

Feel free to view the rest of the pictures below on how I designed each panel.

For custom orders, please feel free to click on the links above or send me your order queries from the box in the right side bar.

Thanks for dropping by!








Comments