6 Inches Mini Album Birthday Theme in Red & Blue Colour Schemes




Honestly, sometimes I don't know how the cover page is going to look like whenever I design these mini books or mini albums. But I find that the best way to go about doing it is to build it layer by layer by starting with a patterned paper, usually I take a leftover piece, and use it as a base layer. I will also do the first layer with that patterned paper with another paper with a different pattern.

But if you want to highlight the existing patterned paper that is used as a base layer, you can layer a solid card stock behind it, in a deeper shade, like black or the colour that is of the main scheme as the rest of the mini album. Then you can add embellishments in between and around the layers and build some dimension by using foam tapes.

I like to use shapes to form another layer but in bits and pieces. For these mini albums, I did something different and that was to cut out several squares, that are actually mini polaroid images, from a single patterned paper, and then layer them up by arranging them in different heights. For the blue album, I die cut a scallop shape from a leftover paper and that forms as a second layer on top of the base layer. For the red one, I die cut a trellis pattern from red glittered card stock for a pop of colour.

it's really up to imagination how you are going to build it up and when you at least get the basics right, the decorating part can be quite a breeze later on. 

Hope these help if you want to quickly decorate up a cover page of a mini album. Honestly it doesn't take much effort unless you are super anal about how things should be arranged which is usually the case for me, haha.

Below are the pictures on how I decorate the inner pages.

For custom orders, please feel free to send me your order queries on the right side bar.

Thanks for dropping by!







Comments