Bold & Bright Card & Shabby Chic Layered Card






I like designing cards most because the smaller layout is easier to manage and then I get to work with my next favourite thing in the world, well at least in terms of crafting, which is stickers! It's really not like stamping where I would have to use the stamp pad and then clean off the remaining ink on the stamp and then if it's the plastic type (I think it's called that) you have to paste it back to where you peeled it from.

Sticker? Peel and stick, haha..I'm such a lazy crafter.

But I do put in effort by cutting out patterns or flower shapes which can be quite finger numbing if you have to cut quite a lot or if the pattern is pretty intricate. If you're in a hurry, then it can be quite a pain. Otherwise, you can just pretty much take your time and cut out some nice pieces out from a large piece of patterned paper, for example.

For the cards below, it's a combination of stickers and cut outs which is often the case when I'm designing cards. I would start off with a base piece and then build another layer and then make it more interesting with different cuts and arrangements of layers. I also used the help of my die cutting machine (And very soon a cameo machine, which works like a printer except that it cuts out patterns that you 'printed' from the computer..coolness!!) for some patterns which I nowadays seem to use quite often. I know many people usually let them sit in one corner collecting dust but believe me, mine is very well used, haha.

To make it even more a unique piece, especially if the background patterned paper is not too busy, I like to add a certain dimension to it by using a stencil and do ink blending and do some random stamping. If I have even more time (which is quite a luxury actually) I will dabble in watercoloring and use texture paste for er, texture.

But really, stickers are still way more fun.

I think in future, I also need to ask people, besides whether they want an elaborate or simple design, is what type of colours they prefer. Another thing I need to note is to be very careful when it comes to spelling of names. I tend to gloss over this and often time, when I double check, the name is different from what I have spelled out. It's okay if I haven't paste it yet and then I still haven't give it to the person but oh dear me, sometimes I don't notice until he or she receives. Hope no more of this incident in future.

Hope you like the cards I have designed here and thanks for dropping by!

Comments